Presented by W Kellaway, this trophy was intoduced to encourage female participation in sailing. The race rules state the boat must be helmed by a female for the entire duration of the race.
Course: Set on the day, according to conditions
Date: 18 May 2019
All TYC members are reminded that special byelaws apply on the tidal Thames. All vessels, including those under sail, are required stay to the right of the fairway. Please apply common sense:
- Do not cross in front of large vessels
- Keep a lookout astern as well as ahead.
- If approaching a large vessel, make a prompt turn to starboard and get to the right side of the fairway. If you have a loud horn, sound one short blast, but in any case be clear and concise in your manoeuvres.
- If sailing in races or company, make other boats aware of large vessels on channel 37 (M).
- Consider making short tacks and go about midway across the fairway.
- Maintain a listening watch on London VTS
Complying with rules reduces the chance of over enforcement being applied, and learning to sail within the constraints will make you a better sailor. For more information please visit the PLA's Boating on the Thames website.